Sunday, November 1, 2020

Persuasive Letter To Mum

 Spotlight on...The Airedale Terrier — Spot Magazine

Dear Mummy,

Do you remember the song that you sing to me in the mornings? Mummy’s best doggy? Cuddles on the couch, licks in the kitchen, and walks in the forest. Aren’t we the best of pals? Although I know you love me, you have currently banned me from upstairs. Why? This has to change. Four cosy beds, and furry duvets - upstairs has it all, but you just take it for granted. Why can’t I enjoy these these comforts too?

Do you ever think about me when your upstairs? Your adorable Airedale? Or how I hate that gate? Every time you leave me downstairs, I hear the gentle turning of pages as you snuggle in bed reading a book. Every time I stare through the gate, up the spiralling staircase a pang of sadness wells up inside me. I wish I could be up there, enjoying myself, comforting you at sad parts of the book and laughing with you at happy parts. If I were allowed upstairs, we could have had even more adventures with a new venue and I wouldn’t be as lonely at night.

Often you call me big bad Baz, but have I ever done anything to deserve that nickname? Well, apart from occasionally stealing bacon from the grill or having a nibble at Granny’s sandwich, or chasing a horse up the hill… But why am I never called terrifically tidy terrier? See those those wee humans that run about all over the house? If I was allowed, I could tidy their rooms for them! No more hoovering needed! Why are you so determined to keep me from enjoying the fun of upstairs with you? If you were to relent on this, then your bedrooms would never be cleaner! I could make those skirting boards shine! Licky Mc’Lickerson to the rescue!

If the wee humans woke up in the night, I could act like a nanny, gently soothing them back to sleep by licking their faces and ears. This would mean you wouldn’t have to get up during the night, which I’m sure would be a delight! Extra hours of sleep!

All I ask is that I be allowed to enjoy the delights of upstairs. Why is it so hard to let your favourite doggy upstairs to snuggle in bed with everyone? Please, this is all I ask, just to be allowed to visit your paradise. I know you are bit allergic to me, so if if it would help, I wouldn’t even have to stay in your room when you start sneezing!

Please think about it,

Lots of licks,

Basil Xxx    

No comments:

Post a Comment

A World Divided

A World Divided   L.M Owens   Before the earth was divided by oceans and mountains, there were three kingdoms spread across the wor...